Kiwi PCOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering Laser Hair Removal?

2 posters

Go down

Considering Laser Hair Removal? Empty Considering Laser Hair Removal?

Post by Simone-shh Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 am

Special Offers at TerraNova

This looks like a great deal, and prices have a 'guaranteed repeat' - whatever that means? They will repeat that price if you need 4 more sessions?

(Auckland)

Simone-shh
Admin

https://kiwipcos.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Considering Laser Hair Removal? Empty Re: Considering Laser Hair Removal?

Post by sethompson Wed May 13, 2009 7:27 am

If anyone is after information about laser hair removal I can answer any questions, I am a qualified laser technician. As pcos is a hormonal condition laser is not a guaranteed effective method of hair removal, however I have treated clients successfully in the past.

sethompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Simone-shh Wed May 13, 2009 8:59 am

I see Caci clinic is offering some type of guarantee too now.

If my bloodwork continues to come back in normal ranges, am I likely to get better results from LHR? Will they be comparable to women without PCOS?

I'm actually really pleased with results from epilating, but I would love to get small areas for example my bikini line done with LHR because its too painful to epilate!

Simone-shh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sethompson Wed May 13, 2009 8:49 pm

You are still not as likely to get the same results as a women without pcos. I know some salons have said that you are guaranteed to have the hair removed however in laser terms, guaranteed hair removal is only for 18 months. If the hair grows back after that period it is deemed hormonal and the salon will not cover it. Before I treated a client with pcos I always talked them through it and they understood that the treatments may work for them, they may not. Take before and after photos. If after 4 treatments you are not noticing any results or the results you are after then stop.

Laser can only remove up to 80% of dark hair and depending on the machine being used up to 50% of blonde or red hair and someone with pcos that number drops to around 3o%. I have had a couple of people who have had the same result as someone without pcos, they have just had to have a top up treatment every 3 months to maintain the result.

sethompson

Back to top Go down

Post by Simone-shh Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 pm

That 4 treatments tip is great! If/When I do get round to trying that I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!

Simone-shh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down