Kiwi PCOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hair loss-help!

2 posters

Go down

hair loss-help! Empty hair loss-help!

Post by lauren154 Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:05 pm

hi there,
I'm 21 and have PCOS. I have had a problem with excess facial hair growth in the past however I have now noticed that the hair on my head is thinning noticeably. Does anybody have any treatment that they could recommend for my hair loss which does NOT cause facial hair growth as a side effect (as I'm particularly susceptible to this!)? I was thinking that perhaps topical treatments would be less likely to cause facial hair growth than pills however I'm not really sure.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

lauren154

Back to top Go down

hair loss-help! Empty Re: hair loss-help!

Post by emma_may Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:01 am

hi there i have just joined up, i have had pcos since 2007 and am currently losing my hair. was wondering if you found any treatment, and how your going lately?

emma_may

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren154 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Emma
sorry this response is a little slow. I have been using Revivogen spray (only at night) combined with Revivgoen Shampoo and Conditioner. I stopped using the spray after a couple of months and continued only with the shampoo/conditioner. You can buy it online. However I've also completely overhauled my diet which I have found to be the most effective. Sugar is a MAJOR contributing factor. It causes an insulin spike and following some reading online, I found that increased insulin levels can cause an increase in testosterone (leading to hair loss, facial hair growth, etc). I've since cut all sugars and simple carbohdrates from my diet and have noticed a MASSIVE improvement-weight loss, better skin and hair condition. I am now a big advocate for a diet high in lean proteins, vegetables and complex carbohydrates. This has truly made the biggest difference for me. I have definitely noticed significantly less hair loss.
All the best, hope this helps!

lauren154

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down