Kiwi PCOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daughter - Obesity - Glucose levels.

Go down

Daughter - Obesity - Glucose levels. Empty Daughter - Obesity - Glucose levels.

Post by Dools Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:43 am

I wonder if any one could respond to me on the following....
My daughter 27 yrs. has been diagnosed with PCOS. Has had all the classic symptoms since 13 - which only got worse over the yrs. Put on a little weight at puberty... from being very thin, to the point that people wondered if she had an eating disorder. She did not, I just thought that she took after her Dads side of the family - lean. I had always tended towards been overweight - but mostly on my hips and thighs with a flat stomach.All three my children were lean.She had also given up ballet just before puberty. and so was doing less exercise.All three children had always been very active. I was very careful about their diets, and they only had a sweet , or fizzy drink etc.. on a Friday. That was the norm all their lives and they had very balanced meals everyday. I was a green foodie, health nut way before it was popular.
She was rather intolerant to wheat and dairy as a baby, and so I gave her soy for her cereal, not to drink however, she was breastfed for a long time, ... nearly three yrs. We noticed that when she was very little that she would get very dizzy is she had not had breakfast within an hour of being awake. ( like when we were travelling) she must have been very little, as she could only express it as ' everything going rounda, rounda.'.
She nevr got past the acne, her Dad had acne as a teenager, but I didn't even have a pimple, so it was odd for me, but a dermatologist said that she probably just took after him. She went overseas and came back truly overweight 20 kg. more and more body hair, still sruggling with the acne, and most weight around her waist.
So - my thought... Soy - at too young an age?? Plastics?? Weight gain at puberty?? Genetics???
She is very fortunate that she has regular periods at this stage.
Thoughts anyone.
Salome

Dools

Back to top Go down

Daughter - Obesity - Glucose levels. Empty Re: Daughter - Obesity - Glucose levels.

Post by Simone-shh Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 am

Your daughter's story sounds a lot like mine! And you sound like my mother lol (Except I wasn't allowed fizzy drinks ever! Well maybe at friends birthday parties! lol)

I put my PCOS down to genetics. It was probably there all the time but was 'in hiding' until my mum went to full time work and my dad became a 'househusband'. He started feeding us what he had grown up with on the farm - big meals, white bread, and probably the main factor - exercise was part of work, it wasn't something you really made a point of doing, so if my day-to-day activites didn't have to involve exercise, then I didn't do it. So when I got to 15 and gave up ballet, jazz ballet, tap and netball to concentrate on school, and I no longer had to walk 20min or so from the bus stop to get home, the weight started to pile on.

It could be one factor, but I imagine its just unfortunate that a number of factors have come together to trigger it for me, and probably for your daughter and many others of us with PCOS!

Thanks for being such a caring mum and looking out for your daughter!

Simone-shh
Admin

https://kiwipcos.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum